Become an FETP Accreditation Reviewer
Apply to be Reviewer for the 6th Accreditation Cycle!
The sixth cycle of Accreditation is now underway, and we are looking for reviewers! Visit the "Addtional Details" section of this page to learn more.
TEPHINET's FETP Accreditation Reviewers evaluate FETP accreditation applications, examine evidence provided by the programs, conduct site visits as part of an Accreditation Review Team (ART), prepare reports, and make recommendations to the Global Accrediting Body regarding a program's accreditation status.
FETP Accreditation Reviewer is a voluntary, unpaid position, but all travel costs related to the fulfillment of reviewer responsibilities are covered in kind by TEPHINET. TEPHINET selects reviewers for each accreditation cycle by evaluating reviewer qualifications against several criteria, including:
- Meeting basic reviewer eligibility requirements (as listed below)
- Language proficiency
- Availability during review period
- Diversity of review teams (in terms of region, gender, years of experience, etc.)
- Freedom from known conflicts of interest
- Full vaccination against COVID-19
- Has at least one of the following: (a) 10+ years of full-time national public health experience; (b) 5+ years of full-time national public health experience after having graduated from an FETP; (c) 5+ years of experience working full-time with an FETP
- Has no conflict of interest with the FETP under review
- Is willing to complete reviewer training and refresher courses, including training on reviewing within the new TEPHINET Accreditation Application System
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills in English and the language of the FETP under review
- Is available to devote the necessary time to complete the Reviewer’s Assessment of the Accreditation Application
- Will be able to travel for the site visit, considering personal and professional obligations/permissions
- Is committed to working in partnership with another reviewer to complete the initial review, site visit, and final report
- Is fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Serving as an FETP Accreditation Reviewer has many benefits, including, but not limited, to the following:
- Serving at the forefront of accreditation and ensuring increased global health systems capacity, higher quality and integrity of competency-based epidemiology training and delivery of essential public health services
- Learning "best practices" from peer institutions
- Professional development
- Gaining the experience of being an accreditation reviewer, which is valuable for you and your institution
- Working closely with and getting to know other applied epidemiology practitioners, TEPHINET programs, and staff around the globe
In order to be considered as a volunteer accreditation reviewer for the 2021 accreditation cycle, please complete the TEPHINET Accreditation Reviewer Interest Form.
(Please note that applying does not automatically mean that TEPHINET will ask you to participate. TEPHINET will contact you if an opportunity arises which matches your skills.
Previous applicants: If you completed a reviewer interest form last year, you must complete one again this year to be considered for this cycle.)