Announcing New Quality Improvement Assistance Opportunities for 2021-2022
The TEPHINET Secretariat has opened applications for Quality Improvement Assistance (QIA) opportunites for Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) for 2021-2022. These QIA opportunities are similar to those introduced in early 2021 and are entirely program-led. Programs who receive assistance will design and implement activities that are driven by their own needs to improve program quality in specific areas.
Intermediate or advanced-level FETPs are elgibile to apply, regardless of accreditation status. FETPs may be awarded up to $15,000 for eligible quality improvement activities.
Eligible quality improvement activities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in developing documents needed for accreditation
- Workshop(s) targeting a specific need of FETP staff (TEPHINET may be able to identify trainers). Examples may include: supervisor training; mentor training; advanced biostatistics; other continuing education topics
- Workshop targeting a specific need of FETP residents/trainees (TEPHINET may be able to identify trainers). Examples may include: scientific writing/manuscript preparation; oral presentation/power point skills; data visualization skills.
- Monitoring and evaluation activities
- Curriculum revision or development
- Conducting needs assessments of training of graduates or mentors
- Securing access to selected, relevant software (e.g. MaxQDA, EndNote, on-line journals)
The TEPHINET Secretariat and Accreditation Working Group will review applications and select for funding based on certain eligibility criteria on a rolling basis. Priority will be given to programs that did not receive an Emergency Capacity Building Grant in 2020 or a previous Quality Improvement Assistance Award in early 2021. All proposed activities must be completed by June 30, 2022.