Announcing the Recipients of the 2019-2020 South Caucasus and Georgia Frontline Small Grants in Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases
Photo credit: CDC
TEPHINET is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019-2020 South Caucasus and Georgia Frontline Small Grants in Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases. The four awardees are alumni of the field epidemiology training program (FETP) based in Georgia.
Through TEPHINET’s small grants program, trainees and graduates of FETPs have the opportunity to apply for awards up to $5,000 (USD), to provide funding to support non-research investigations focused on either surveillance, program evaluation or public health activities. The proposed projects specifically focus on:
- Piloting a surveillance system; or
- Evaluating a surveillance system; or
- Analyzing surveillance or related data; or
- Implementing and evaluating prevention efforts.
This year’s Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases projects have been made possible by the generous support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) South Caucasus Office (SCO).
2019-2020 Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases Small Grant Recipients
- Romella Abovyan (Georgia): "Monitoring of the Implementation of the Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Framework (IPCAF) in Hospital of Armenia"
- Natia Nogaideli (Georgia): "Assessment of Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance System in Selected Multi-profile Hospitals of Georgia"
- Lia Sanodze (Georgia): "Evaluation of Multisector Communication and Its Impact on Compliance within the Brucellosis Surveillance System in Georgia"
- Pikria Shavreshian (Georgia): "Evaluation of Reporting of Selected Nine Notifiable Diseases to Electronic Integrated Disease Surveillance System (EIDSS) in Georgia, 2019"
Congratulations to the awardees!
Are you interested in applying for a small grant? TEPHINET will post future calls for applications on our website. Specific topics may vary from year to year. Please contact the small grants program manager at sgp [at] tephinet [dot] org with questions.