Announcing the Results of the Third Cycle of TEPHINET Accreditation of Field Epidemiology Training Programs
Header photo: Nathalia Muñoz, Colombia FETP
From November 14-16, 2018, the TEPHINET Global Accrediting Body convened in Maputo, Mozambique, to decide whether to confer accreditation status to the field epidemiology training programs reviewed during TEPHINET’s third cycle of FETP accreditation.
As a result of their deliberations, the following programs have been newly accredited:
- Australia Field Epidemiology Training Program (Master of Philosophy in Applied Epidemiology at Australian National University)
- Colombia Field Epidemiology Training Program
- Nigeria Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program
- South Africa Field Epidemiology Training Program
- Tanzania Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program
Accreditation is an opportunity for FETPs to align with common standards that support quality training and increased recognition of their value in supporting country public health priorities. Since the accreditation program began in 2016, TEPHINET has accredited 13 programs (see Training Programs to find accredited programs).
The fourth cycle of FETP accreditation will begin in early 2019. TEPHINET member FETPs will receive an official announcement and instructions via email for participating in this process.
Programs that have completed the Accreditation Readiness Assessment and have determined that they meet all of the basic requirements and the Accreditation Minimum Indicators and Standards are encouraged to apply for the upcoming cycle.