Call for Consultant: FETP Instructional Design Consultant
Job Description Summary
TEPHINET is seeking an instructional designer to work with the U.S. CDC to revise technical FETP curriculum materials utilizing instructional design concepts, practices, and methods adapted to the needs of adult, culturally diverse learners.
FETP is a three-tier program (frontline, intermediate, and advanced) created by CDC and is now used in over 40 countries. The content of the frontline curriculum was recently revised. The content of the intermediate curriculum is currently being revised. The material of both tiers must be modernized and better-integrated concepts of andragogy. The instructional designer will work closely with medical field epidemiologists with FETP experience to accomplish this work.
- A schedule for the instructional design review of the frontline and intermediate FETP curriculum
- An instructional design review guide that can be used by instructional designers helping in the review of the curriculum
- Complete the instructional design review of the FETP One Health Frontline program
- Complete the instructional design review of lessons already reviewed by the CDC SMEs for the intermediate FETP curriculum
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Modernize the FETP curriculum materials to take advantage of new and remote technologies
- Apply tested instructional design concepts, practice, and methods
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product
- Propose changes to FETP curriculum activities to ensure that andragogy principles are applied
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
Qualifications and Required Skills
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar
- Five or more years of experience in instructional design
- Training and working experience in instructional design
- Subject knowledge in epidemiology, preferably FETP
- Familiarity with andragogy
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Ability to work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
Who can apply: Independent consultants
When to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until October 01, 2023.
Required documents for submission:
- Background/qualifications (Resume, Curriculum Vitae)
- Cover Letter including a summary of work experience
How to apply: Please submit the required documents and/or any questions you may have to Dominique Bozarth, Project Manager, at email@example.com.