Call for Abstracts: 1st Bangladesh Congress on Epidemiology and Public Health
About the Conference
The Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) of Bangladesh, a program of the Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research (IEDCR), and the Epidemiological Association of Bangladesh are jointly organizing an online conference that will take place on March 30-31, 2021.
The 1st Bangladesh Congress of Epidemiology and Public Health is being planned with support from TEPHINET and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This event will enable epidemiologists, young researchers, public health professionals, and field epidemiologists from Bangladesh and other countries to share their experiences in the field of public health. Moreover, this conference will provide a unique opportunity for the fellows and graduates of the FETP of Bangladesh to share their fieldwork with the national and international public health community. It will also create a global network for public health experts in preventing future pandemics.
The objectives of the 1st Bangladesh Congress of Epidemiology and Public Health are:
- To showcase public health research and epidemiolocal approaches to identify public health priorities in low- and middle-income countries
- To encourage more rigorous scientific assessment and studies to strengthen capacities to respond in public health emergencies
- To increase the visibility of the FETPs’ field experiences as well as the work of other public health professionals globally and to bring to the forefront work, achievements, and research they have conducted on COVID-19
Thematic areas for abstracts include:
- Emerging and re-emerging diseases
- Disease surveillance and emergency response
- COVID-19 pandemic and the role of field epidemiology
- Non-communicable diseases
- One Health
The deadline for abstract submissions is February 25, 2021.
Registration is free and open until March 10, 2021.