Call for Consultant: Technical Advisor for Hepatitis B and C Elimination in Kyrgyzstan
The contractor will be based within the Ministry of Health (MOH), Republican AIDS Center, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and serve as an expert technical advisor to Kyrgyzstan’s program for elimination of all bloodborne hepatitis viruses. The contractor will play a key role in supporting the Ministry of Health with strategic information and its application for strategic planning and performance monitoring. The contractor will gather, synthesize, and implement M&E technical guidance from subject matter experts at the Ministry of Health, CDC and WHO, and support the Ministry of Health in the development and deployment of monitoring systems to inform program initial implementation and scale-up.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Contractor will support MOH/RAC colleagues with the following:
- Planning and implementation of a nationally-representative serosurvey for hepatitis B and C in 2023
- Assistance in the design and development of information system(s) for the monitoring/evaluation of HBV and HCV elimination objectives
- Assistance with data analysis and interpretation
- Preparation of summary reports and presentations for in-country and US audiences
- Development of manuscripts and presentations
- Training and mentorship
- Liaison with the CDC-Kyrgyzstan country office, the CDC Eastern Europe and Central Asia Regional Office, and with CDC/Division of Viral Hepatitis headquarters SMEs
- Active technical leadership in meetings and work groups
- Fostering partnerships to accelerate Hepatitis C elimination programming in Kyrgyzstan and the EECA Region
- Submission of monthly progress reports to TEPHINET on activities conducted under this scope of work
Duration of Contract
The consultant will be hired for one year. The target start of work is January 25th, 2023 and the maximum end date is January 25th, 2024.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s in Public Health or other Master’s degree in health sciences, statistics, microbiology, anthropology, epidemiology, sociology, or equivalent discipline
Experience and Expertise:
- Five years of mid- to senior-level public health experience in the management and development of epidemiological surveillance and/or large-scale surveys of infectious disease prevalence, prevention, treatment, or care programs are required
- Detailed knowledge of research methods, including the collection, analysis and presentation of public health/epidemiologic data in order to plan, design, direct the implementation of and strengthen procedures for collection, analysis and dissemination of infectious disease epidemiological data.
- Knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of internationally recognized standards for surveillance and survey regulations and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of host government's health care system and structures including familiarity with Ministry of Health policies, program priorities and regulations is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams is required.
- Strong ability to operate independently with limited direct supervision, and to lead results-driven project teams and workgroups
- Advanced skills in at least one of the more common epidemiologic data analysis software (STATA, SAS, R, or SPSS)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Fluency in writtern and spoken Russian and English
Work Location: The contractor must live and work in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Who can apply: Independent consultants with experience in planning and coordination of program activities.
When to apply: Applications will be accepted until January 10th, 2022.
Required documents for submission:
• Background/qualifications (resume, curriculum vitae)
• Cover letter including summary of applicable work experience
• Consultant fees requirement
How to apply:
Please submit required documents and/or any questions you may have to Chika Egbunike, Project Manager, at cegbunike [at] taskforce [dot] org