Call for Letters of Intent for the 2022-2023 TEPHINET Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Small Grants
TEPHINET is pleased to announce the opportunity to submit letters of intent for small grant field epidemiology project proposals related to cardiovascular disease/the HEARTS Technical Package.
The Cardiovascular Disease/HEARTS Technical Package small grants are awarded for a maximum of US$5,000 and are funded through the generous support of the CDC Foundation and the Office of Global Noncommunicable Diseases (NCD) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
When to apply?
Letters of Intent (LOIs) are due by 11:45 pm Atlanta/EST on August 22, 2022. All individuals interested in submitting a project proposal for funding under the small grants program must first submit a LOI.
Who can apply?
- Current Advanced FETP residents/trainees who have not previously received a TEPHINET small grant in any subject area.
- Residents/trainees who graduate during the application or implementation period (i.e. during July 25,2022 to August 31, 2023) can apply with the written support of their FETP program director.
- The applicant (i.e. resident/trainee) must be the Principal Investigator (PI).
- The applicant MUST identify an in-country subject matter expert (SME) at their ministry of health, academic institution, or public-private partnership who will serve as their in-country mentor for the duration of the grant funded project. Applications that do not identify an in-country mentor will not be considered.
- The applicant MUST include in their application a letter of recommendation/support from an individual(s) and/or institution(s) that you expect to collaborate with and/or whose participation will be key to the success of your proposed project.
- The applicant MUST include proof of IRB application.
How to apply
For complete application guidelines and instructions, please visit this page.
For additional questions about this opportunity or about the TEPHINET Small Grants Program, please contact sgp [at] tephinet [dot] org (.)
*All grant awards are contingent upon receipt of funding from associated donors. This announcement does not implicitly or explicitly guarantee awards for submitted LOIs.