Call for Pre-conference Workshops (Interactive Learning Sessions): 10th Southeast Asia and Western Pacific Bi-regional TEPHINET Scientific Conference
Pre-conference Workshop (Interactive Learning Session) Application Information
About this conference: From May 31-June 4, 2021, the 10th Southeast Asia and Western Pacific Bi-regional TEPHINET Scientific Conference will showcase work being done at the forefront of field and applied epidemiology, disease surveillance, and public health emergency and disease outbreak response in the Southeast Asian and Western Pacific regions.
Date of workshops: Monday, May 31, 2021
Workshop hosting fee: USD $500. We are accepting only half-day workshops for this conference. Morning workshops will be held from 08:00 to 12:00 (GMT+8). Afternoon workshops will be held from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. (GMT+8).
- All workshops will be conducted online using platforms provided by the conference organizer.
- These rates are only applicable to registered nonprofit entities. Commercial/for-profit organizations interested in holding pre-conference workshops can avail of conference sponsorship opportunities. Please contact Dr. Conky Quizon of the South Asia Field Epidemiology and Technology Network (SAFETYNET) at conkyquizon [at] gmail [dot] com for details.
Please provide the following information for the pre-conference workshop application.
1) Workshop Title
2) Workshop Description
The workshop description should cover the following:
- Learning objectives
- Workshop format, activities, course instruction, etc. (please indicate if workshop is interactive or lecture-based)
- Information on presenters (please include short bios of all presenters)
- Following information may also be provided along with the workshop description:
- Workshop evaluation method
- Learner assessment (e.g., pre- and post-tests, knowledge checks, questions and answers)
- Follow-up and support (if any, what opportunities do you intend to provide to learners after the session that reinforces the content delivered? For example: resource for post-session support, providing contact information for help, providing grants for research proposals, etc.)
Note: The workshop description may be used, in a condensed and abridged form, in advertising and promotional materials.
3) Workshop Times
- Morning: 08:00-12:00, GMT+8
- Afternoon: 13:00-17:00, GMT+8
4) Target Audience
- Conference participants (general)
- Conference participants (specific criteria, e.g., country, professional background, FETP directors or training staff)
5) Expected Number of Participants
Note: If the workshop will have a breakout discussion, we recommend having sufficient facilitators in each group.
How to Apply
Please download the application form below. Return the completed form to Dr. Wan-Chin Chen of Taiwan CDC at wanchin [at] cdc [dot] gov [dot] tw.
The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2021.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Scientific Committee, and proponents/sponsors of accepted proposals will be notified in April.