Call for Volunteer Abstract Reviewers
The TEPHINET Advisory Scientific Committee is seeking public health professionals to be added to TEPHINET’s database of abstract reviewers for TEPHINET-supported conferences (i.e. Bi-regional and global scientific conferences, and FETP International Nights). Abstract reviewers play a key role in contributing to the quality, value, and reputation of TEPHINET conferences. They also provide valuable contributions for developing robust conference programming that features relevant and engaging topics for the global FETP community.
Please note that this is a voluntary, unpaid opportunity. TEPHINET will provide all abstract reviewers with a certificate of recognition after the conclusion of a conference review period.
- Graduate of an FETP Advanced Program or demonstrated experience working as an epidemiologist.
- At least 2 years' experience working in public health (since the time of graduation for FETP graduates).
- A record of scientific excellence and achievement as demonstrated (for example) by publications in peer-reviewed journals, presentations of epidemiologic investigations at scientific conferences, etc.
Prospective reviewers will be required to complete an online training module to calibrate for TEPHINET peer review. This process may take up to three (3) hours.
Prospective reviewers must be available to complete 7-15 abstract reviews per conference. Each abstract is rated on six different categories and includes a mandatory comments section. We anticipate that this will require a time commitment of up to three (3) hours.
- Shape the scientific program for TEPHINET-supported conferences and help ensure that the most relevant spectrum of topics is presented.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest work in applied epidemiology.
- Gain valuable professional development experience, including standardized training on abstract peer review.
- Be acknowledged within the conference book of abstracts.
How to Apply
Please fill out this form to indicate your interest to serve as an abstract reviewer for 2023 by Sunday, December 11, 2022, 11:59 PM EST. This is the deadline for receipt of your application for consideration as an abstract reviewer in 2023. We encourage you to apply early.
If you are unable to click on the link, please copy/paste the following URL into your Internet browser: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/85eb8ab63b3745539cb7cc0292265d36
***Note: If you have previously participated as an abstract reviewer for TEPHINET-supported conferences, we kindly ask that you update your information using this application form so that we are aware of your continued interest.
If you are qualified, TEPHINET will contact you regarding availability to review abstracts for each conference. We will make every effort to assign individuals to abstracts based on their area(s) of expertise, as indicated on the application form.
If you have any additional questions, please contact abstracts [at] tephinet [dot] org.