Contractor, FETP Curriculum Support (Vietnam)
Call for Applications: Contractor, FETP Curriculum Support (Vietnam)
To meet the development needs of the preventive medicine system and train public health workers in disease surveillance and response, the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MoH) established the Vietnam Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) in 2007. The Vietnam FETP is led by an FETP office housed under Vietnam’s General Department of Preventive Medicine (GDPM), part of the country’s Ministry of Health. Currently, the program seeks to revise the curriculum for its advanced-level FETP from its current 2-year program to a ‘progressive model’ consisting of a 3-month frontline course, a 9-month intermediate course, and a 12-month advanced course (the model is termed “progressive” because participants in the intermediate and advanced levels can only enter through successful completion of the previous level). Partnering with the Vietnam FETP and CDC Vietnam, the Training Programs in Epidemiology and Public Health Interventions Network (TEPHINET) will engage the Contractor to serve as a consultant to support 12-month advanced course curriculum materials development.
Contractor will serve as support to the lead subject matter expert (curriculum expert) working with CDC Vietnam and the Vietnam Technical Working Group (TWG) to support the Vietnam FETP to further customize the 12-month training curriculum materials, particularly during the first cohort of the 12-month advanced training. Working closely with the lead expert, this support will involve reviewing existing Year 2 curriculum training materials, providing input and revising the materials to reflect current epidemiology curriculum design and up-to-date examples.
Contractor will serve as technical support to curriculum subject matter expert to further develop course design for 12-month advanced FETP training in English including:
- Review of the existing training materials of the Vietnam 2-year program.
- Overall course design with description of expected competencies, course schedule, M&E materials (pretest, posttest, evaluation forms), and mentor and participant training materials (outline, ppt) for each lecture.
Start date: TBD
End date: September 30, 2022
Consultant Background: Expertise and Experience
- Masters Level degree (or higher) in epidemiology or related field
- Current PhD candidate or recent PhD graduate in epidemiology or related field a plus
- Experience teaching in Master’s level epidemiology
- Experience working and/or teaching internationally
- Strong experience working with regional and international organizations
- Prior experience working with Field Epidemiology Training Curriculum Development a plus
Competencies and special skill requirements:
- Knowledge of and experience teaching (including serving as teaching assistant for) Master's level epidemiology
- Knowledge of or experience with field epidemiology a plus
- Strong reporting and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Effective planning and organizing skills
- Ability to execute successfully with tight deadlines
- Proficient in English, spoken and written. (Vietnamese proficiency is not required.)
This position is remote.
- When to apply: Applications will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on August 17, 2022.
- Required documents for submission:
- Background/qualifications (CV, organizational profile, etc.)
- Cover letter summarizing expertise and relevance to the proposed scope of work
- How to apply: Please submit required documents and/or any questions you may have to Molly Tutt, Project Manager, at mtutt [at] taskforce [dot] org.