ESCAIDE (European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology)
TEPHINET is proud to be a longtime partner of ESCAIDE.
ESCAIDE at a glance
What? Leading European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Who? Epidemiologists, veterinarians, microbiologists, clinicians, public health professionals, communication specialists, modelers, statisticians, social scientist and policy makers
Where? Beautiful Stockholm
When? November 27-29, 2019
Why? Join a global discourse on infectious disease prevention and control; listen to renowned speakers, learn about best practices, explore innovations, present your research and network!
The aims of ESCAIDE are:
- sharing of scientific knowledge and experience in all areas applied to infectious disease epidemiology, public health microbiology and related scientific fields;
- discussing and debating scientific advances and current public health challenges;
- strengthening and expanding the human network of all involved in this field in Europe and globally;
- providing opportunities for further professional development for fellows and students in this field, e.g. EPIET, EUPHEM, FETP and other national/international training programs.
Abstracts are welcome in all areas related to applied infectious diseases.
The Conference is based on the following principles:
- applying scientific independence and integrity;
- increasing the EU added value;
- strengthening the relationship with stakeholders;
- showcasing scientific leadership and innovation; and
- maintaining high social and community values, i.e. inclusivity, equality and respect.
The target audience of the Conference are professionals across all fields related to applied epidemiology in the EU/EEA and globally. This includes, but not limited to, epidemiologists, veterinarians, microbiologists, clinicians, public health professionals, communication specialists, modelers, statisticians, social scientist and policy makers.
The inaugural ESCAIDE was held in Stockholm in 2007. Between 2007 and 2012, the conference alternated between Stockholm and a city of an EU/EEA Member State. Berlin hosted the conference in 2008, Lisbon in 2010 and Edinburgh in 2012. Between 2013 and 2017, the conference was held in Stockholm.
From 2018, ESCAIDE has resumed alternating between Stockholm and another city of an EU/EEA Member State. ESCAIDE 2018 took place in Saint Julian’s and in 2020 the conference is in Warsaw. Both 2019 and 2021 editions will take place in Stockholm.