NEW eLearning Courses on Fungal Diseases Now Available
Fungal diseases have become a serious emerging global health issue, with increased outbreaks seen in healthcare facilities and among vulnerable populations. Infections like Cryptococcosis and Histoplasmosis, and those caused by Candida auris (C. auris), can often go undiagnosed and lead to serious illness and death. There is a need for increased awareness around the epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of fungal diseases in order to improve early detection, diagnosis, and response.
During Fungal Disease Awareness Week (September 20-24, 2021) we have launched two new eLearning courses, available in the TEPHINET Learning Center, aimed at increasing education:
- Curso de Formación en Candida Auris (Español)
- Cryptococcosis and Histoplasmosis: Recommendations on Rapid Detection and Treatment (English)
These courses are for you if you want to:
- Learn about the background, epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of fungal infections caused by Cryptococcus, Histoplasma, and C. auris.
- Understand the public health impact of C. auris, cryptococcosis and histoplasmosis.
- Learn how best to detect, treat and prevent fungal infections and respond to outbreaks.
- Inform on best infection and control practices to prevent fungal infections.
- Describe the steps for performing laboratory diagnostics for cryptococcosis and histoplasmosis.
For more information, please contact TEPHINET Learning at learning [at] tephinet [dot] org.