New Quality Improvement Assistance Opportunities Available to Field Epidemiology Training Programs
New for 2020-2021, the TEPHINET Secretariat is offering its member Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) up to $5,000 for eligible quality improvement activities.
Eligible quality improvement activities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in developing documents needed for accreditation
- Workshop targeting a specific need of FETP staff (TEPHINET may be able to identify trainers). Examples may include: supervisor training; mentor training; advanced biostatistics; other continuing education topics.
- Workshop targeting a specific need of FETP residents/trainees (TEPHINET may be able to identify trainers). Examples may include: scientific writing/manuscript preparation; oral presentation/PowerPoint skills; data visualization skills.
- Monitoring and evaluation activities
- Curriculum revision or development
- Conducting needs assessments of training of graduates or mentors
- Securing access to selected, relevant software (e.g., MAXQDA, EndNote, online journals)
Only advanced-level (two-year) programs may apply. Accredited or non-accredited programs may apply.
The TEPHINET Secretariat and Accreditation Working Group will review applications and select for funding based on certain eligibility criteria. Priority will be given to programs that did not receive an Emergency Capacity Building Grant in 2020. All proposed activities must be completed by September 30, 2021.