During the 11th TEPHINET Global Scientific Conference held in Panama City, Panama from September 4-9, 2022, the TEPHINET Global Accrediting Body (GAB) convened to decide whether to confer accreditation status to the Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) that applied during TEPHINET’s most recent cycle of FETP accreditation.
As a result, the following advanced-level FETPs have been accredited:
- Egypt Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP)
- Ethiopia Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program (FELTP)
- Mozambique Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program (FELTP)
- Zambia Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP)
In addition, the following intermediate-level FETPs have been accredited:
- Liberia Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) (updated on September 15 following further review)
- Sierra Leone Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP)
Accreditation is an opportunity for FETPs to align with common standards that support quality training and increased recognition of their value in supporting country public health priorities. Programs that have completed the Accreditation Readiness Assessment and have determined that they meet all of the basic requirements and the Accreditation Minimum Indicators and Standards are encouraged to apply for future cycles. TEPHINET will release more information as future cycles open for application.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.