Co-organized by TEPHINET and the CDC, FETP International Nights provides a forum for the global Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) community to share their work and showcase the impact that FETPs make in public health. The 2023 FETP International Nights were held on April 25-26, 2023, during the Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. This year marked the 22nd anniversary of this event.
Nearly 200 abstracts authored by FETP trainees and recent graduates were submitted to TEPHINET for this event. Of these, 22 were selected for poster presentation on April 25 and six for oral presentation on April 26.
- View the posters in the online Poster Gallery. Watch the poster presenters give the audience short previews of each of their posters on YouTube.
- Watch the full oral presentations on YouTube.
Congratulations to this year's FETP International Nights awardees:
- Best Oral Presentation (William H. Foege Award for Excellence in Oral Scientific Presentation): Saya Gazezova, Central Asia FETP: "Salmonella enteriditis outbreak at a wedding event, Kazakhstan, June 2022"
- Best Poster Presentation (Jeffrey P. Koplan Award for Excellence in Poster Scientific Presentation): Zoe Baldwin, Australia FETP: "First incursion of Japanese encephalitis virus in New South Wales, Australia, 2022"
- Director's Award for Excellence in Epidemiology and Public Health Response: Ukraine Interventional Epidemiological Service (IES), Public Health Center, Ministry of Health, Ukraine
- Sara Lowther FETP Memorial Award: Anurag Dhoundiyal, India EIS, "Identification of risk factors for the occurrence of leptospirosis cases through a case-control study in Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan, India, January-July 2023"
- Photo contest:
- 1st place: Shaban Senyange, Uganda FETP
- 2nd place: Ninael Jonas, Tanzania FELTP
- 3rd place: Giang Pham, Vietnam FETP
The following special guests provided remarks during this event:
- William H. Foege, Former CDC Director (virtual remarks)
- Debra Houry, Principal Deputy Director, CDC
- Maryann Delea, Epidemiologist, The Carter Center
- Simon Agolory, Acting Director, Division of Global Health Protection, Global Health Center, CDC
- Kevin Cain, Principal Deputy Director, Global Health Center, CDC
Program and Book of Abstracts
Download the program and book of abstracts below.