Now Available: 2023 Quality Improvement Assistance Opportunities for FETPs
The TEPHINET Secretariat has opened applications for Quality Improvement Assistance (QIA) opportunites for Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) for 2022-2023. These QIA opportunities will be awarded for up to $10,000 and are entirely program-led. Programs who receive assistance will design and implement activities that are driven by their own needs to improve program quality in specific areas.
Previous recipients of QIA awards remarked that “This process has helped us to align the program to the FETP core competences and will allow lecturers, residents and any interested parties to track progress towards accomplishing the MPH-FETP requirements. The modules [we were able to develop] allow students to embrace competitive challenges, student-centered learning activities, problem-solving, creative design, and skills workshops in line with the new model used for higher education in our country."
Intermediate and advanced-level programs who did not receive a QIA award in 2022 are eligible to apply, regardless of their accreditation status. The Quality Improvement and Accreditation Working Group will review applications and select programs for funding based on certain eligibility criteria. Priority will be given to programs that did not receive a QIA Award in 2021. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, March 1 at 11:59 PM EST.
Eligible quality improvement activities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in developing documents needed for accreditation
- Conducting needs assessments of training of graduates or mentors
- Curriculum revision or development
- Monitoring and evaluation activities
- Securing access to selected, relevant software (e.g., EndNote, journals, statistical software)
- Workshop targeting a specific need of FETP residents/trainees (TEPHINET may be able to identify trainers). Examples may include: data visualization skills, oral presentation/PowerPoint skills, scientific writing/manuscript preparation
- Workshop targeting a specific need of FETP staff (TEPHINET may be able to identify trainers). Examples may include: advanced biostatistics, mentor training, supervisor training, and other continuing education topics
How to Apply
Visit this page to access required application materials and templates and submit your responses.
Applications will not be accepted via email. If you have questions about the application process, please send them to hzanoni [at] taskforce [dot] org.