Registration is Now Open for the 11th TEPHINET Global Scientific Conference
The TEPHINET Secretariat invites you to register for the 11th TEPHINET Global Scientific Conference, which will take place from September 4-9, 2022 at the Sheraton Grand in Panama City, Panama.
IMPORTANT: Online registration is open until August 21. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all participants must register online by this date. You will not be able to register at the conference venue.
Note: We do not recommend using Internet Explorer as your browser when registering.
About the Conference
For the past 22 years, TEPHINET scientific conferences have provided participants with cutting-edge information on global disease detection, prevention and response activities undertaken by our network of 76 field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across more than 100 countries. The 20,000+ FETP graduates in our network play a critical role in increasing global health security by improving country capacity to detect and respond to disease outbreaks and other public health threats. Our conferences serve as the premier global venue for FETP trainees and graduates, the "boots on the ground" in the fight against diseases, to share their work with international public health experts.
Our participants are passionate, dynamic disease detectives at the forefront of strengthening public health systems in their countries. TEPHINET conference attendees include FETP trainees, graduates, mentors, staff and resident advisors, and other public health professionals working as epidemiologists, veterinarians, physicians, nurses, laboratory scientists, and more. Public health leaders from ministries of health, national public health institutes, NGOs, academic institutions, the World Health Organization, and other key institutions join us at each conference. The networking opportunities we offer are invaluable in efforts to increase global health collaboration and build the capacity of public health systems and health surveillance in all countries.
This year’s conference theme is, “Improving Pandemic Preparedness, Response, and Equity through Field Epidemiology Training.” This conference will give attendees an opportunity to engage with key players at the forefront of these various efforts, as we work together to shape our way forward during and after COVID-19.
Join us and learn about what’s new and innovative in field epidemiology, health surveillance and rapid response. Observe how health service delivery in the local context strengthens health security worldwide. Enhance your knowledge, and network with people from all over the world.
Featured at this event:
- September 3-4: Participants may choose to attend an Interactive Learning Session (ILS), or pre-conference workshop. Select your ILS during registration. Capacity is limited for each session.
- September 5-9: Participants will learn from and network with a wide range of experts through a mix of plenary sessions, keynote lectures, and oral/poster presentations.
- September 5: Join us in the evening, after all of the presentations, for a special welcome dinner.
- September 7: Join us in celebrating the second annual World Field Epidemiology Day!
- September 8: Join us in the evening for dinner and the much-beloved, time-honored TEPHINET tradition of International Night. Dress in attire representing your culture and get ready to dance!
- September 9: On the closing day of the conference, we will celebrate TEPHINET's 25th anniversary and hold the conference awards ceremony.
- September 10: TEPHINET Program Director's Meeting (by invitation only)
- September 11: TEPHINET Advisory Board Meeting (by invitation only)
Registration Dates and Options
July 1-August 21, 2022: Registration is open on the conference website.
Special Registration Options:
- September 4: Participants may choose to attend an Interactive Learning Session, or pre-conference workshop, on a wide variety of topics related to surveillance, outbreak response, data collection, analysis and presentation, and more. Select your desired session during online registration. There is no additional cost to attend as the fee is included in conference registration. Capacity is limited for each session.
- September 7: Participants may go on a field site visit to see a public health project in action in Panama. Once TEPHINET has confirmed all of the site visit options, we will add these options to the registration form. We will then send those who have already registered a message inviting them to modify their registration and select a site visit.
The registration fee of $650 (USD) includes:
- Participation in one Interactive Learning Session (ILS) and all daytime conference sessions
- Breakfasts, lunches and coffee/tea breaks from September 4-9, as well as two dinners: the Welcome Dinner (September 5) and the International Night Dinner (September 8)
Book your hotel room directly online: You will be able to reserve your hotel room during the online registration process.
Important Travel and COVID-19 Considerations
- In order to receive confirmation to attend the conference, all registrants will be required to upload proof of COVID-19 vaccination during the online registration process.
- All attendees must wear a properly fitted face mask while in meeting rooms and in common areas during the conference. Extra masks will be available at the registration desk if you lose yours while at the conference.
- Onsite COVID-19 testing will be available from September 8-11 for those who require proof of a negative test prior to returning home.
- Participants are responsible for making their own visa arrangements.
- TEPHINET is aware that many countries do not have a Panamanian embassy or consulate. We are working with the government of Panama to identify possible avenues for securing visas. For visa questions, please contact Perla Freed, TEPHINET Program Assistant, at pfreed-temp [at] taskforce [dot] org.
- All attendees should familiarize themselves with the vaccination requirements applicable to their particular travel itineraries, taking into consideration the requirements of each country they will enter, exit, or transit through. The conference organizers request that all attendees do their due diligence and receive any required or recommended vaccinations as appropriate.
For more information, please visit the conference website.
Should you have any questions, please contact conferences [at] tephinet [dot] org. We will be happy to assist you.