Registration Open for the 11th TEPHINET Regional Scientific Conference of the Americas
Conference Theme: "This Is What We Train For: Field Epidemiologists as First Responders to the COVID-19 Pandemic"
On the heels of opening registration for the 10th Southeast Asia and Western Pacific Bi-regional TEPHINET Scientific Conference, we are pleased to announce that registration is also open for the 11th TEPHINET Regional Scientific Conference of the Americas! TEPHINET is honored to co-host this event with the Canadian Field Epidemiology Program.
Dates: Tuesday, October 19 through Thursday, October 21
Languages: Participants will be able to turn on subtitles for each session in English, Portuguese or Spanish. Oral and poster presentations will be delivered in the language of the presenter (English, Portuguese or Spanish). Keynote sessions will be delivered in English. Interactive learning sessions (see below) are offered in several languages.
General Registration Deadline: October 15
Deadline to Register for an Interactive Learning Session: October 13
From October 19-21, attendees will have the opportunity to hear oral and poster presentations from 32 FETP trainees and recent graduates, participate in one of seven interactive learning sessions (pre-conference workshops), and learn from experts during keynote and panel sessions on topics including:
- Asking the Right Questions to Move Your Field Recommendations to Policy Implementation
- COVID-19 Vaccine Access and Distribution: The Role of the Epidemiologist
- Indigenous Communities' Response to COVID-19
- Mental Health and Well-being While Practicing Field Epidemiology
Available Interactive Learning Sessions (ILS)
Conference registration includes participation in one ILS of your choice on October 19. Sessions are available in various languages; please see the registration website for more details. The deadline to register for an ILS is October 13.
- Field Investigations for COVID-19 in Areas Affected by Reticence (languages: English, French and Spanish)
- Evaluating the Impact of Field Epidemiology Training (language: English)
- Constructing a Narrative Case Study: An Example Based on COVID-19 (languages: English, French and Spanish)
- Implementing Event-based Surveillance for Early Detection of Respiratory Diseases (languages: English and Spanish)
- Introducing the New Standards for TEPHINET Accreditation of Intermediate FETPs (languages: English and Spanish)
- Delivering Engaging, Inclusive, and Accessible Virtual Sessions (languages: English)
- Taller de Redacción Científica (Scientific Writing Workshop) (language: Spanish)
- Revisión Calibrada en Pares: Ejercicios de Práctica para la Redacción Científica (CPR) (Calibrated Peer Review: Practice Exercises for Scientific Writing [CPR]) (language: Spanish)
Please contact conferences [at] tephinet [dot] org with questions about this event.
We hope you will join us!