A Multistate Outbreak of Cyclosporiasis
Edit original node
31 Jan 2020
Local outbreak of cyclosporiasis was harbinger of multistate outbreak in 1996-1997; initially thought linked to strawberries, ultimately traced to raspberries from Guatemala.
- Use the modes of transmission and incubation period for a disease to focus the search for the source of an outbreak;
- Describe the two most common types of epidemiologic studies routinely used to investigate outbreaks;
- Interpret the results of an epidemiologic study;
- Consider potential sources of error in designing or carrying out an epidemiologic study;
- Apply the criteria for causation to the results of an outbreak investigation;
- List considerations in implementing control measures before confirmation of the source of an outbreak;
- Describe the occurrence, signs and symptoms, and control of cyclosporiasis.