An Outbreak of Gastrointestinal Illness Following a Church Supper ("Oswego")
21 Jan 2020
S. aureus outbreak among church picnic attendees, 1940; the classic, straightforward outbreak investigation in a defined population.
- Define the terms “cluster,” “outbreak,” and “epidemic”
- List the steps in the investigation of an outbreak
- Draw, interpret, and describe the value of an epidemic curve
- Calculate and compare food-specific attack rates to identify possible vehicles
- List reasons for investigating an outbreak that has apparently ended