Brucellosis in Kyrgyzstan
22 Jan 2020
An examination of the brucellosis public health surveillance system and analysis of data from that system.
After completing this case study, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the key principles of public health surveillance,
- Describe criteria for including a disease in a national surveillance system,
- Describe the data flow of a surveillance system,
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of disease’s case definition,
- Summarize and interpret surveillance data, and
- Define incidence and prevalence of a disease and calculate the incidence rate.