Causes of Hepatitis B in Kerala, India
23 Jan 2020
At the end of the case study, the scholar will be able to:
- Use descriptive information to generate hypotheses regarding potential risk factors for a disease;
- Design a case-control study to test hypotheses for potential risk factors for a disease;
- Identify important criteria for the choice of a case definition;
- Identify important criteria for the choice of a control group;
- Calculate the odds ratios for an unmatched case control study;
- Calculate the attributable fraction in the population; and
- Discuss causality criteria.
Setting: A clinician interested in the prevention of hepatitis B.