Grant Writing: An Introduction
Edit original node
This distance-based course enables learners to acquire basic knowledge and skills when they need it, to successfully complete a grant application.
When participants complete the workbook they will be able to:
- Diagram the grant application process
- Describe the main sections of a grant application
- Describe the roles on a grant writing team
- Describe the characteristics of an effective statement of need
- Identify funders of public health programs
When participants complete the webinar they will be able to:
- Write an effective statement of need
This course includes a self-paced workbook, with paper and pencil exercises as well as internet-based activities. It is complemented by a live webinar that is scheduled by the Sustainable Management Development Program (SMDP). An archive of a previously conducted webinar is provided here, so learners can complete the course at their convenience.
Estimated course length: 2 hours (includes webinar time)
Target audience: Public health professionals who are required to complete a grant application