Outbreak Investigation of an Unknown Illness in a Rural Village in Egypt
Edit original node
22 Jan 2020
This case study is based on an outbreak investigation that began in July 1996 in an area of southern Egypt.
After completing this case study, the participant should be able to:
- Describe major issues that need to be addressed before beginning a field investigation.
- List the steps in deciding how to conduct an outbreak investigation.
- Generate and test hypotheses related to field investigations.
- Understand how to formulate a case definition.
- Discuss how to interpret epidemiologic data and assist public health decision-makers in understanding the information.