Outbreak of Group A Pharyngitis in Louisiana
Edit original node
Investigation of an outbreak of Streptococcal pharyngitis traced to foodborne transmission at a school banquet. Case study requires use of Epi Info™ and two small data files.
After completing this case study, the participant should be able to:
- Define the terms cluster, outbreak, and epidemic;
- List the steps of an outbreak investigation;
- Create a case definition and explain its importance in an outbreak investigation;
- List five types of information to include in an outbreak questionnaire;
- Draw, interpret, and describe the value of an epidemic curve; and
- Calculate food-specific attack rates and risk ratio Use Epi Info to perform basic descriptive analysis and cross-tabulations of epidemiologic data.