This course is a practical introduction to setting and managing performance plans with staff. It introduces methods for providing positive and corrective feedback in a constructive way.
When participants complete this course they will be able to:
- Develop a positive work environment that encourages high performance
- Align and motivate work teams to a common purpose
- Adapt management style based on individual needs
- Set and communicate clear expectations and objectives
- Provide effective and timely feedback to both reinforce and improve performance
- Address behavioral and performance problems with employees in a constructive way
- Conduct a performance appraisal
This course includes a participant workbook, facilitator guide, PowerPoint presentation and job aid to help managers use the key tools.
Estimated course length: 5 hours
Target audience: Public health professionals who supervise staff or are responsible for evaluating staff performance