Rapid Assessment of Health Status and Preventive Medicine Needs of Kampuchean Refugees in Thailand
Edit original node
22 Jan 2020
Development of a surveillance system to identify health problems among Kampuchean (Cambodian) refugees in 1979 and target interventions accordingly.
After completing this case study, the participant should be able to:
- List health problems common among refugee populations;
- Identify sources of health information on persons living in refugee camps;
- Calculate crude and age-specific mortality and morbidity rates;
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of different survey methods for assessing the health needs of a displaced population;
- Use anthropometric data to determine nutritional status of the population.