Edit original node
This highly interactive course is based on the book A Field Guide to Good Decisions: Making Decisions That Last.
It provides a simple method to make ethical health decisions, by ensuring that the values of all stakeholders are considered when making a decision, and that the final decision is communicated clearly. It is recommended as a complement to Sustainable Management Development Program (SMDP) courses in Project Management, Building Health Programs that Work, Advocacy, Performance Management.
When participants complete this course they will be able to:
- Describe the steps in the values based decision making process
- Identify the potential unintended consequences of a decision
- Make values-based decisions
- Identify potential negative consequences of a decision
- Communicate decisions using a decision summary form
This course includes a participant workbook, facilitator guide and PowerPoint presentation.
Estimated course length: 4 hours
Target audience: All public health professionals