Workshop: Coaching and Mentoring for Successful Performance
23 Jan 2020
This workshop uses examples from participants' experiences and role plays to learn techniques for effective coaching and mentoring. This course requires an experienced coach to be the instructor. Therefore facilitator materials are not provided here. Please contact SMDP if you are interested in including this course in your curriculum. When participants complete this session they will be able to:
- Describe the contribution of coaching and mentoring to improved managerial performance.
- Use key principles and skills when coaching and mentoring others.
- Choose appropriate coaching and mentoring methods when fostering professional development in others.
- Develop a brief action plan to facilitate their further development of coaching and mentoring skills.
- This course includes a participant workbook and facilitators guide. A PowerPoint presentation is highly discouraged.
Estimated course length: 5 hours
Target audience: Anyone who is responsible for coaching staff members