Workshop: Team Building for Public Health Professionals
This highly interactive workshop provides practical methods for working effectively in a team and avoiding negative behaviors. It is designed to be adaptable to local cultures. When participants complete this class, they will be able to:
- Describe the importance of effectively functioning teams as an essential element to successful public health programs
- Describe how to create more effective working relationships among team members
- Create positive and productive team agreements and norms
- Select specific skills and tools when creating alignment within diverse teams
- Choose effective responses to resolve common problem behaviors present in teams
- The course includes a workbook and facilitator guide. A PowerPoint presentation, though provided, is highly discouraged; rather it is recommended that the facilitator mingle with the participants.
Estimated course length: 4 hours
Target audience: Any public health professional who works in a team environment. Intact teams can learn together, or participants can work with members of various work units.