TEPHINET Seeking a Communications Intern for Summer 2018
The TEPHINET Secretariat is seeking to hire a currently enrolled or recently graduated undergraduate or graduate student to serve as a communications intern during the summer of 2018. The intern will report directly to the TEPHINET Communications Manager.
- Collect, edit, format and post information and communications content to our website and social media platforms
- Draft web copy for new website, newsletter, and other materials
- Reach out to TEPHINET partners to gather information
- Assist in creating communications materials for the 2018 TEPHINET Program Directors Meeting and the 9th Southeast Asia and Western Pacific Bi-regional TEPHINET Scientific Conference
- Create simple graphics as needed
- Copyedit materials written by native and non-native English speakers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Timeframe: The start date for this position is ASAP in June 2018. The end date is August 31, 2018 (flexible based on academic calendars if the intern is a currently enrolled student).
Availability: Available to come into the office at least 3 days per week (approximately 20-25 hours)
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a college or university offering a four-year degree in English, communications, marketing, public health or a related field.
- Completion of freshman year or higher and in good academic standing. College transcripts and writing samples required as part of the interview process. Writing and editing assessments may be given as part of the interview process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Interest in communications/marketing
- Interest in working in global or public health and/or international development
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional writing skills
- Fluency in Spanish or another language besides English
- Experience in developing web content
- Skills in graphic design, photography and/or videography
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software
- Experience working in communications/marketing and/or global or public health
How to Apply: Submit an application online at https://careers-emory.icims.com/jobs/20580/job