TEPHINET Seeks Volunteer FETP Accreditation Reviewers
TEPHINET accreditation is an opportunity for field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) to align with common standards that support quality training and increased recognition of their value in supporting country public health priorities. Since the launch of the first cycle of accreditation in 2016, the TEPHINET Global Accrediting Body (GAB) has accredited eight programs. The GAB's decision on whether or not to accredit a program comes after a program site visit conducted by volunteer reviewers who work together in Accreditation Reviewer Teams (ART).
In order to maintain a pool of potential accreditation reviewers, TEPHINET is looking for qualified FETP graduates to submit an interest form indicating their willingness to be contacted in case their skills are needed during an upcoming accreditation cycle.
The basic requirements for becoming a reviewer are as follows:
- Has 10+ years of field epidemiology and public health experience
- Is an FETP graduate
- Has no conflict of interest with the FETP they’re reviewing
- Is willing to complete reviewer trainings and refresher courses
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills in English and the language of the FETP under review
- Is available to complete the document reviews and site visit
For more information, including instructions for submitting an interest form, please visit the Accreditation tab at the top of this website.