The 2018 Cycle of TEPHINET's Accreditation of FETPs is Now Open
TEPHINET Accreditation of Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) 2018 Cycle Announcement
TEPHINET has officially opened the third cycle of FETP Accreditation. Letters of Intent and Certifications of Eligibility will be accepted from February 6, 2018 until March 30, 2018.
Interested programs are invited to complete an Accreditation Readiness Assessment, which will assist programs in deciding whether or not they meet the basic eligibility requirements and can document adherence to indicators and standards.
The basic eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Program duration: The program is equal to or greater than 21 months.
- Evidence of completed cohorts: At least two cohorts of residents have completed the program within the past five years.
- Predominance of field work: The majority of the residents’ time (68 weeks) is spent in field work.
After completing the Accreditation Readiness Assessment, programs that believe they are eligible to apply should submit a Letter of Intent and Certification of Eligibility.
Visit the Accreditation tab above to access:
- An interactive brochure about accreditation
- Required documents and instructions, including the Accreditation Readiness Assessment, Letter of Intent, and Certification of Eligibility