Paraguay Field Epidemiology Training Program
FETP Paraguay is a strategic program of the General Directorate of Health Surveillance of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Welfare according to Ministerial Resolution. S.G. No. 661/02/07/2013. The program has graduated three advanced level cohorts. Since 2017, a basic (Frontline) level has been offered with four cohorts being completed. As of May 2018, three cohorts are underway.
- Sixteen professionals have been trained in strengthening the national rapid response team (which is available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year).
- Fellows have conducted more than 80 outbreak investigations, 16 surveillance system evaluations, 11 TEPHINET mini-grant projects, and three PAHO (Pan-American Health Organization) projects.
- Fellows have participated in 45 international and 30 national conferences and received five awards.
- Fellows have achieved five publications in scientific journals.
- The program hosted and co-organized the 9th TEPHINET Regional Scientific Conference of the Americas in Ciudad del Este, Paraguay, in 2016.